At DF Mortimer & Associates we have expertise in charity and not for profit law. We can help in many ways, including:
Charitable Tax Concessions and Deductibility
We provide advice, documentation and necessary liaison with the Australian Tax Office and other agencies in relation to Deductible Gift Recipient (“DGR”) and concessionally taxed entities such as:
- Public Ancillary Funds;
- Private Ancillary Funds;
- Charitable trusts.
Churches and faith based organisations:
- Tax Concession Charities.
- Public Benevolent Institutions;
- Registered Harm Prevention Charities;
- Health Promotion Charities; and
- Welfare Funds.
- Charitable Institutions
- Scholarship funds; and
- School Building funds.
Environmental and cultural organisations:
- Charitable Institutions;
- Registered Environmental Organisations;
- Registered Cultural Organisations; and
- Public Art Galleries, Libraries and Museums.
We also provide advice in relation to Fringe Benefits Tax treatment for not-for-profit organisations and duty exemptions.
Professional associations and non-distributing co-operatives
We provide advice and documentation to establish, maintain and restructure for professional and non-charitable not for profit legal entities including:
- incorporated associations;
- companies limited by guarantee;
- proprietary limited companies (as trustee);
- non-distributing co-operatives; and
- fixed trusts and discretionary investment trusts.
Governance and Dispute Resolution
We assist boards of management and members of not for profit organisations with governance reviews and to address internal disputes.
Relationships with government agencies
We assist not for profit organisation boards and their executive officers when difficulties arise in their relationships with government regulators and funding agencies.
(03) 9370 9333